National Council on Disability status during COVID-19 outbreak
For Immediate Release
March 16, 2020
WASHINGTON–In light of the evolving situation concerning the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), including emergency declarations in multiple States and the District of Columbia, the National Council on Disability is taking steps to assertively safeguard the health and safety of its workforce.
NCD as a federal agency is open for business, however, in response to the directive that all Federal Executive Branch agencies are encouraged to maximize telework flexibilities, effective Monday, March 15, 2020, the option to telework on a full-time basis was extended to all NCD staff.
Business continues as normal, and any teleworking employees will still be accessible by phone or email.
- Guidance from OPM: https://www.chcoc.gov/content/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-additional-guidance
- CDC Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidance: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
- Overseas Travel Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/
- OMB M-20-13 https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/M-20-13.pdf